Thursday, 22 December 2011
Beauty School Tips: Lovely Hot Oil
We've all heard about the great uses of oil on our hair or in a nice massage but oil also comes in very handy with nails, hot oil especially! All you need for lovely soft cuticles and hydrated nails is 2 bowls (1 small enough to be easily inside the other), a kettle, water, oil and hand or nail cream. Here's a quick step by step guide on what to do:
1. Boil some water.
2. Pour the water into the big bowl. It doesn't have to be full, just half way.
3. Get your oil. Most people have olive or sunflower oil in their kitchen.
4. Pour the oil into the smaller bowl, about the depth of a nail.
5. Float the smaller bowl in the bowl of boiling water.
6. Apply hand or nail cream thickly, all over your nails.
7. Place your nails in the oil (NOT THE BOILING WATER!).
This is a lovely treatment for people who commonly get dry nails or even if you want to just treat your nails to some TLC!