Thursday, 22 December 2011

Beauty School Tips: Lovely Hot Oil


We've all heard about the great uses of oil on our hair or in a nice massage but oil also comes in very handy with nails, hot oil especially! All you need for lovely soft cuticles and hydrated nails is 2 bowls (1 small enough to be easily inside the other), a kettle, water, oil and hand or nail cream. Here's a quick step by step guide on what to do:

1. Boil some water.
2. Pour the water into the big bowl. It doesn't have to be full, just half way.
3. Get your oil. Most people have olive or sunflower oil in their kitchen.
4. Pour the oil into the smaller bowl, about the depth of a nail.
5. Float the smaller bowl in the bowl of boiling water.
6. Apply hand or nail cream thickly, all over your nails.
7. Place your nails in the oil (NOT THE BOILING WATER!).

This is a lovely treatment for people who commonly get dry nails or even if you want to just treat your nails to some TLC!

2 comments:

  1. Ooo this sounds lovely, must give it a go! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so going to try this, my nails are in a terrible state because I keep wearing glitter polish and then peeling it off. This looks just what I need. I really like your blog - I found it when twitter randomly recommended you and I'm so glad it did. I especially like these beauty tips! More please! :-) x

    ReplyDelete