Thursday, 15 December 2011

Beauty School Tips: Get Steamin' Ladies!!



Steam is not just useful for letting you know your tea is still hot, you know? That's right, steam has many uses and today I'm going to talk about just one: opening up your pores! Steaming your face and opening your pores can really help some products do a better job, especially exfoliation and masks.

To get all steamy (oh ladies!) you can either boil your kettle and fill a bowl with the boiled water and hover your face over the bowl for a few minutes (HOVER! NOT place in!..I won't be liable for any crusty noses..) or you can get a flannel, dampen it with cold water, place in a microwaveable bowl and stick it in the microwave for a few minutes, then place the nice hot towel over your face.

Now your pores are all nice and open you can exfoliate or put your mask on for a deeper clean than usual. After you've got sparkling skin, splash your face with a bit of cold water to close your pores again.

4 comments:

  1. I do this with the LUSH toner tabs, they are amazing, then you use the left over as a toner and it lasts a week for you to use. :)

    http://lucyywrites01.blogspot.com
    Lucy
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great idea. I had heard of it somewhere before but never really cared to follow it now you listed it so easily for me so I might just do it this coming saturday haha :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love doing this, makes my skin feel so clean! X

    ReplyDelete