Thursday, 1 September 2011

VIVO - First Impressions and Swatches

 *These products were sent to me by VIVO. This does not change my opinions*

Today a recieved a lovely little package from new kid on the block, VIVO, with some products for me to try out.


"Exclusive to Tesco the sensational on-trend collection, benchmarked as the MAC of supermarket make-up brands, includes a range of stylised make-up essentials for all beauty junkies. For the first time ever VIVO brings catwalk inspired looks to the convenience of the supermarket but without the hefty price tag"

I recieved 3 items from their range to try out: A Trio Eyeshadow Palette, a Shimmer and Shine Lipgloss and a Compact Powder.

First Impressions

Overall Pros
The packaging is really nice, doesn't look like they only cost a few pounds and comes in good sizes. Everything seems well made, doesn't feel like it's going to break easily and doesn't feel even a little bit cheap. All the products are clearly labelled with the name of the product and the colour names and ingredients can be found easily. They all also hold in the product well and it doesn't look like they'll easily drop out.

Overall Cons
The eyeshadow palette and compact powder comes with applicators which some people might not like. They're only available from Tesco stores which for some people may mean they are hard to get hold of.

Shimmer and Shine Lipgloss in Frosted Pink - £1.99


Rating: 7/10
 (The colour on the wand is the same colour as the bottle but was really hard to capture it in the first photo! So imagine it as much more bright and pearly pink)



This lipgloss isn't very pigmented which I'm actually glad for because the colour on the product scared me! The first pictrre is what the lipgloss actually looks like on my lips and the second is my camera messing up but it really shows the shimmery bits in the gloss.

I quite like this lipgloss (and I'm not a gloss fan!). The applicator is a bit of a funny shape and makes it hard to get the gloss equal so I don't know how this would fair on a darker, more pigmented shade but it works just fine with this colour. The smell is okay and so is the taste but if you don't like lipglosses that have a slightly strong taste you might not like this one. Although this is just normal lipgloss, I think it makes my lips look really nice & plump and would look nice over a pink or nude lipstick.

Compact Powder in Buttermilk - £2.39

Rating: 8/10

I haven't done a skin swatch of this because the colour in the pan is exactly how it comes out and it blends perfectly into my skin. I'm really impressed with this and although I won't use it as an all over powder because I use translucent powder, I think it's going to be brilliant for a little extra highlighting. The packaging looks loads more expensive than it is and the sponge inside feels lovely and soft. The colour comes out quite easily onto the sponge or onto your finger and blends really quickly & easily for a matte finish. There are only two cons I have found with this product: 1) The sponge lives ontop of the powder and doesn't have it's own compartment, which I don't mind but I know some people might. 2) The shiny casing is a fingerprint magnet!

Trio Eyeshadow Trio in Green with Envy - £2.50 (83p a shadow!!)

Rating: 10/10
I am super duper impressed with this palette! Usually I find green eyeshadows aren't very pigmented and just fail to transfer the colour to your eye, however this palette does exactly the opposite. The colours are all green shimmers but range from a light grey sort of grey to a deep almost black so you can make an entire look out of just this palette. The palette itself is made a lovely matte black with windows to show off the colours. Inside the palette has a little strip mirror which is great for if you like to carry your shadows with you or you want to top up during the day.

On the back of the box there's directions on how to use them all together to make a look and I decided to try it out.


I'm not great at applying eyeshadows but these went on really well and blended really easily using the applicator that comes with. The shadows didn't feel heavy on my eye, were very easy to take off and I think you could easily mix these with neutral shadows to make a nice autumn look. There was no fallout with these eyshadows and the glitter is very fine & more of a shimmer.

Conclusion

The VIVO line looks very promising and the prices are just amazing. I can't wait to try out some more of their products and hopefully the great quality will continue. If you are a young beauty lover, a student or even just on a budget these are so perfect for guilt free buys and are so worth the money. Go to Tesco NOW and buy everything (but leave some for me!)

4 comments:

  1. Wow awesome :) Very detailed and explicit review.

    http://daphyin-makeupisart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited!! About time Tesco did a decent makeup line
    xxx


    http://angiebeautybelle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the review! I'm going to tescos tomorrow! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you buy anything get the palettes! They have a beautiful set of palettes with 4 baked eyeshadows and a baked blusher!

    ReplyDelete