Tuesday, 6 September 2011

Transform Yourself Tuesdays - What to do when you're struggling

For the last week or so I've really struggled with my low carb diet from nerves about starting college (when I get nervous I eat!) and now I'm at college it's hard to not have a sandwich during my short lunch break. I know how hard it can be so I've thought of a few tips incase you get stuck.

  • If like me you have a short break and want a sandwich, don't feel guilty, but think wisely about the filling. Think what fills you most! For example, cheese alone doesn't really fill me but egg and meat do, so I choose those.
  • If you know you don't have a long break, don't buy a whole meal. If you think just a sandwich will fill you, just buy that, don't fall for meal deals and end up with extras you won't have time to eat because you'll either rush to eat it or end up eating it later on in the day.
  • If when it comes to having dinner at home you don't really know what you fancy don't go for the first thing you see. Sit down with a cup of tea or another drink and really think about what you can have. Is there anything you can make yourself? (e.g chicken breast you could flavour/add to). Could you replace the starchy aspects with salad or veg?
  • Don't feel guilty about induldging now and then. If I've eaten loads of eggs recently and don't fancy it for breakfast, I have something else because I could always have eggs later. Allow yourself a dessert if you go out for a meal (as long as you're not doing it all the time!) and if you want a takeaway with friends, let yourself. Stopping yourself from enjoying things now and then will make it hard to stick to a low-carb (or any) diet.

2 comments:

  1. Great tips, I've tried a low carb diet and it just doesn't seem to work for me - but all the tips could work for any sort of diet :)
    I'm bad a falling for meal deals though - i can never resist a bargain lol!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. poppy, this is a fabulous idea for a set of posts, really enjoying reading all your little tips and advice! keep it up, can't wait to read more! x

    ReplyDelete