Monday, 5 September 2011

Show and Tell Sunday (on a Monday!) - My Beauty Therapy College Kit

I know it's not Sunday but I really wanted to show you all what's in my college kit which I got today, so I postponed my Show and Tell Sunday post to today :)

The kit has quite a lot in it so I've done group photos of each section (except for the makeup because there's big bits) and tried to keep the writing to a minimum! The kit was put together by my college and was from College Kits Direct at the wallet killing price of £148.

Facials



All of the facial care products are at the college so we just get our basic equipment.
  • 2 small plastic lotion bowls and 1 huge one
  • 2 super soft face cloths
  • Headband 
  • Mask brush 
  • Sponges (which remind me of Sponge Bob Square Pants..)
  • Body sorbet cream
  • 3 bajillion cotton pads (500 actually).

Manicure/Pedicure


We get a boat load of tools for this so bare with me!
  • Base coat
  • French pink and white polishes
  • Colour polish in red, hot pink, plum, gold and glitter
  • Buffer and buff cream
  • (Giant) chrome nail clippers
  • Nail scissors
  • Cuticle cutter
  • Cuticle remover (shaped like a polish)
  • Pedicure rasp (aka foot grater)
  • Nail pliers (scary!)
  • Manicure bowl
  • Sanitizer tool jar
  • Emery boards, large and small
  • Manicure/orange sticks.
Waxing


Not much is needed for waxing and most of it is at college already so we only get:
  • Plastic spatula
  • Paraffin wax brush
Makeup 





I'm quite impressed with the makeup stuff to be honest!
  • Bag with front pocket and holders/pockets inside
  • Brush roll with brushes
  • Disposible mascara wands
  • Disposible lip brushes
  • Makeup wedges
  • Indented palette (tres artistique!)
  • 3 foundations
  • Translucent loose powder
  • 3 concealers including green and lilac
  • 2 mascars, brown and black
  • 2 eyeliners in black and coffee
  • 2 lipliners in petal and neutral
  • 2 liquid liners in black and gold glitter
  • Makeup palette book (thing)
Eyelashes/Eyebrows



Again not much we need for this.
  • Eyelash tint kit with 3 colours, developer, little glass pot and brush.
  • Full set of false eyelashes
  • Set of individual eyelashes
  • Slanted tweezers
I can't wait to use all of this and learn some new things! What do you think of my nice new kit?


5 comments:

  1. This is really great :)

    http://lucyywrites01.blogspot.com/
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh that takes me back to when I did my beauty therapy training. I hope you love it as much as I did, good luck with your course xx Jude xx @jadlgw

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh looks like your going to have fun learning to use all of that :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blimey! That's a lot of cosmetics! Good luck with your new course, I'm sure you will be fab and do really well!
    You have some great posts about things by the way so keep up the great writing!
    Take care
    XxxX
    http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete