Thursday, 4 August 2011

Soap & Glory Facial Care - First Impressions & Swatches

Boots very recently had a 3 for 2 on selected Soap and Glory facial skincare and since I've been really struggling with my skin lately I thought I'd get a few things.


I got 3 things I can't wait to try for just £16.34 instead of £22.34! Although I haven't had chance to try them all yet, I thought I would just do a post on my first impressions.

Peaches & Clean Cleanser

Peaches & Clean is a 4-in-1 Wash Off Deep Cleansing Milk, £6:00 for 200ml.

They say: "It purifies! Can energize! And melts away makeup!"
                Special clogged T-Zone formula and for all skin types.
Ingredients: Peach extract, Quillaja bark, Jojoba oil, Detoxyboost technology and Poreshrink R2.

How to use it: "Massage a splodge onto your cheeks, rubbing double on any trouble spots to maximize purifying actives, Rinse off with water."
Warning: "Contains exfoliating alpha hydroxy acids which can make your skin photosensitive"
First impressions: My very very first impression of this is that you get loads for your money! This is the only product out of the three that I have tried and I must say I love it.  It has a very strong scent (of peaches I think) but this doesn't linger when you wash it off. This is very quick to use, the consistency is lovely and made my skin feel so smooth and soft after a very quick use.


 Fab Pore Hot Cloth Cleanser is a 3-in-1 Concentrated Deep Purifying Formula with a muslin cloth, £9.19 for 100ml.
 

They say: "It cleans, it smooths, it melts away makeup!"


Ingredients: Panthenol, Sweet Almond, Orange and Lavender oils.

How to use it: Squeeze out a generous splodge, divide it between the pads of your fingers and then massage onto your face and neck for at least sixty seconds. Leave on for another minute then press it all of with a warm muslin cloth.

 First impressions: I haven't tried this yet but can't wait to! It smells so soothing as the lavender oils come through quite well, but without being overpowering. It comes out as a thick creamy paste and smooths onto the skin quite easily. The muslic cloth that comes with it is bigger than I expected and is nice to touch. I like how this comes in a tube so you can squeeze out as much as you need and it'll be easy to store.


The Fab Pore 15 Minute Intensive-Action Pore-Refining Facial Peel, £7.15 for 50g.


They say: "Just because you're oily doesn't mean you're ageing"

Ingredients: Fomes Officinalis Extract (mushroom), Salicylic Acid, Kaolin (clay), Vitamins E & C.

How to use it: Rub a grape sized dollop into your face and massage in circles until the green beads have all disolved. Leave on for 5 minutes for a quick refresher or 15 minutes for a real deep-cleaning do-it-yourself kind of facial. Rinse well and follow with a moisturiser.


First impressions: My first impression was a slightly bad one but was soon altered. When I first saw the little pot I thought there wasn't really much there and it wouldn't last long but after opening it and swatching it, I realised it is jam packed and you don't need a lot for it to work. This has a lovely feel and smell to it and I love how it has little beads in it which burst to help deep clean your skin. I also think it's great how you can use it as a quick refresh or a long relaxing one.


I think I'm really going to love these three products and really hope they'll fix my huge pores and dull looking skin. I will do a full review on all of these next month when I have used them enough to have a complete opinion on them.

4 comments:

  1. This is really interesting. I never thought that they would have good skincare products, not sure why! Maybe because I always think of it as a non serious brand because of the packaging?! Weird haha xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt the same and the only thing I had ever used from them was their plumping lipgloss (which I love) but when I saw these I thought I might as well try them, and I'm glad I have because they REALLY work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great! I can see why you like them! :D

    ReplyDelete