Sunday, 28 August 2011

Season Series: Summer Part 2 by Gemma


  
Gemma
http://www.gettingreadyatgemmas.blogspot.com/
@Getreadyatgems

My favourite season is summer because it’s an excuse to bring out the shorts, get my legs out, and go lounge around outside with my friends. I love hanging out in beer gardens, sipping on a cold drink, and relaxing underneath the sun. You also get to enjoy plenty of yummy barbeques as long as the English weather is being good to us of course!


In this season I love to wear flip-flops with cute detailing along the strap and BIG sunglasses. This summer I’ve deviated away from my usual brown sunglasses and gone for vibrant alternatives. I’ve also really enjoyed pairing pretty, floral dresses with heavy knit cardigans, and dressing up plain t-shirts with bright, patterned scarves.

In the summer I tend to favour warm toned make-up like peach blusher and plenty of bronzer! I like to have a fresh glow during these months so I have been using highlighters left right and centre. In the daytime I stick to tinted moisturisers but at night I will apply a more full coverage foundation. I have experimented lately with bold lips and subtle eye make-up. I particularly love using an orangey/red toned lipstick called ‘Naughty’ by Beauty UK.

 

In this image I have used Benefit ‘High Beam’ as a base all over the eye. I pat this onto the lid with my ring finger. Then I took my Boudoir Effet Smokey liner in ‘Smoked Brown’, to line across the whole of the upper lash line, and a third of the way in on the lower lash line. I used the brush end of the eyeliner to smudge this out and create a quick, smokey eye. I suggest setting this with powder as it will crease otherwise. To complete my eye look I highlighted the inner corner with my Elf Eyeliner & Shadow Stick in ‘Pearl/Glow’ and went over my lashes with two coats of The Body Shop Super Volume Masacra. For my face I used a flat foundation brush to blend in my Estee Lauder Doublewear Foundation, which is in the shade ‘Fresco’. To set my foundation I used Rimmel Stay Matte Press Powder in ‘Peach Glow’. I then dabbed a bit more of the High beam along my cheek bones and blended in. I finished off with some bronzer and put a bit of colour on my lips with 17 Mirror Shine on Lipstick in 'Belle'. Voila!

I hope everyone has had a really fun, eventful summer and would love to know what trends you tried out this season!

Finally, a big thank you to Hayley for letting me guest blog

Gem x

---- 
This is the last of my Season Series post, hope you all enjoyed reading them and thanks so much to all the lovely girls that took part!

1 comment: