Sunday, 7 August 2011

Season Series: Autumn Part 2 by Daniela

Hello to all the lovely readers of Poppy Red Lips!


My name is Daniela and I´m the author of The Wee Blog.
 http://daniela-notsure.blogspot.com/
@dpatterson22 on Twitter

My favourite season is.....AUTUMN. In fact, to be 100% honest, I don´t really have a favourite season. Generally, my wardrobe isn´t seasonal at all and I tend to wear pretty much everything all year round. Minus tights, scarves, jackets, and boots, plus sunglasses, flip-flops and pastel nails in summer - in this kind of way, but if I was to choose, I´d choose autumn. The reason being, I like the early autumn soft-but-still warm evenings as well as the late autumn gloomy and misty mornings. It just all has something to it that I really enjoy. I´m also a lot into layering, being wrapped in a scarf and lazing around wearing a big slouchy jumper, drinking tea and munching on (white) chocolate...and what other season is better for that than autumn, right?

In terms of what I particularly like wearing in autumn..well, the above mentioned slouchy jumpers, that´s a must. Tights (I´m a big fan of black ones, always feel like they are chic and make my legs look slimmer) of all deniers, thick socks casually peeping out of my boots (classic Docs in black being my favourite), scarves and snoods and thin gloves. Also, with uni starting in autumn, a big, spacious yet stylish bag is essential as well.

As for the makeup, I usually switch from summery colours such as bright pink, coral and peach to darker and more natural shades – golden, all kinds of brown, purple, dark berry (think berry lips!)... I don´t really tend to experiment with other colours (green eye shadows? No thanks.) as I found out a couple of years ago that brown and the occasional purple work the best for me.

Outfit one

The first outfit I´m featuring is more of an evening autumn look. I don´t usually take a whole body outfit pictures because my shoe-drobe isn´t particularly interesting but I´d wear my cream Primark brogues with this outfit.

Shirt and skirt – H&M, tights – Primark, fake leather jacket - F&F


Owl necklace – vintage, rings L-R - C&A, Six


The makeup is a bit more glamour and I probably wouldn´t wear it on a daily basis but it´s usually what I do when me and my husband go out for dinner or drinks. I used my usual Nivea Daily Cream as moisturiser under my foundation (Essence Stay All Day in 10 Soft Beige), then Rimmel So Matte Perfect Stay pressed powder in 001 Light, a bit of Essence Shimmer Powder in 01 Prettylicious, and Miss Sporty Ohh! Blushed blush in 005 Cinnamon. In terms of my eye makeup, I used Essence eyeshadows in three different shades (46 Taupe Of The Pops for my whole eyelid, 06 Metropolitan for the outer corners of my eyes, and 01 Chill Out for the inner corners and under my browbone), Barry M Wink Black Mark Pen eyeliner (recommended, it´s amazing!) and Essence Multiaction False Lashes mascara in black. The lipstick is from a super old Avon Valentine´s Day collection (Passion Peach). Nails are Essence nail polish in 32 Gold Rush, the ring-finger nails are leopard printed (using Essence Nail Art Pen in black).








Outfit 2

The second outfit is a classic lazy Sunday outfit (including the lazy topknot). I´d probably pop on my trusty old black Docs if I was to go out and that´s it, easy.

Knitted slouchy jumper – Pimkie, jeggings - H&M, scarf - C&A, bracelets – no-name, scrabble ring - VIPXO
 


In terms of makeup, I used the same products as in no.1, but I swapped the eyeshadows for nude and golden/brown coloured ones and the Miss Sporty blush for a pink blush (all from a no-name palette I got from my mum). I also used a different mascara (Essence, No Limits Power Boost in black) and only used a tinted lipbalm (Nivea – Labello, cherry).















So...that´s it. I hope you enjoyed this little post and that it got you excited for autumn a bit. If you have any questions concerning the outfits or the products I used for creating the makeup looks, contact me on my twitter. And if you´re interested in seeing some more outfits/makeup looks/other things of mine, check out my blog

Oh and one more thing...I´d like to thank Hayley very VERY much for letting me guest post for her and giving me this amazing opportunity. Thanks, Hayley x

No comments:

Post a Comment