Sunday, 7 August 2011

Eyeshadow Challenge

I've noticed that unless I'm going somewhere special, I never bother with different eyeshadow colours and tend to stick to the same colours all across my lid! So, I've decided to set myself a challenge to start trying out different colours together and not go for the safe options. I'm also going to try and get inspiration from everywhere, including magazines, clothes, jewellery and other people.


Jewellery Inspiration


These are two of my favourite earrings and after hours of not being able to think of any colour inspiration, I realised I could do some looks based on these!

Here's what I came up with:




I love this look (and so does my boyfriend - big bonus!). It's perfect for everyday and it's now one of my favourite easy to do looks. I used Stila Sparkle and 17 Heart Breaker for this look and I think they work really well together!


This is a much more experimental look for me since I barely ever wear blue anything, never mind eyeshadows! Saying that, I do love this look, and I will definately start playing around with blue alot more! For this look I used Stila Sparkle again but a lot more to make it a deeper gold, and 17 Socialite.

I'm really looking forward to trying out some more colours and wearing them out!



5 comments:

  1. I used to be the same way with eye shadows until I started working in the industry. Now I love colors on my lids.. but I still find myself reaching for my good old natural shades! Good luck on your challenge <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! :) I can't wait to see where else I can get some inspiration from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your two new looks, they look uber sweet. :)


    xoxo,
    Addie
    The Cat Hag
    Join My Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Very beautiful both jewellery and makeup inspiration :)

    http://daphyin-makeupisart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete