Sunday, 17 July 2011

NOTD: Waterdrops


(I'm sorry for the rubbish pictures, it was hard to capture this effect! Also taken when wet so hadn't cleaned up yet)

Today I decide to try mixing matte with shiny polish. I put a normal polish on, adding my matte topcoat and then put normal polish dots on the top. Really simple and looks great when the light catches it!

Base coat: 1 coat of OPI Nail Envy Original
Polish: 2 coats of 17 Lasting Fix Seabreeze
Effect: 1 coat of Essie Matte About You

What do you think?

6 comments:

  1. this is such a cool idea! I'll definitely give this a go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should! It's so easy to do, and would work with any colour :) If you haven't got any dotting tools, places like ebay and amazon (that's where I got mine) have sets for really cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This looks amazing! I´m currently toying with the idea of doing matte/shiny stripes. Gotta figure out the best way to do it though:) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to try that too, I think it'd be best to use a really thin dotting tool or buy a cheap nail art brush kit :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah. I´m thinking I´ll do half/half and then proceed to stripes:D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good plan! I really want some nail brushes but I don't have a clue what half of them do!

    ReplyDelete